- The “Featured Posts” are displayed by tags, the post needs to have the tag “featured“.
- First make sure that you’ve added properly the tag “featured” so make a test to see if the tag added exists: like this http://yoursite.com/tag/featured/
- If will show “featured-2” is because a category with the same name “featured” was created, if that’s the case you’ll need to delete both and after that create again the tag “featured” or you can change the tag like “mypost”, “postslider” etc. to do that, open this files:
At the top of the files you’ll see this:
<?php query_posts( array( 'post_type' => 'post', 'tag' => 'featured', 'posts_per_page' => $smof_data['featured-posts'] ) ); ?>
- Now change the tag “featured” with a different tag, save the files and upload them via FTP.
- The Number of posts can be changed via Theme Options > Header Settings > Featured Posts.
Display the Featured Post – Slider
- Create a new page and from “Page Attributes” choose “Template – Home.”.
- Dashboard > Posts > Add New, add the tag “featured”
- Click “Publish” and that’s it.
- Next, read the steps from – > Home Page