- The “Featured Posts” are displayed by tags, the post needs to have the tag “featured“.
- First make sure that you’ve added properly the tag “featured” so make a test to see if the tag added exists: like this http://yoursite.com/tag/featured/
- If will show “featured-2” is because a category with the same name “featured” was created, if that’s the case you’ll need to delete both and after that create again the tag “featured” or you can change the tag like “mypost”, “postslider” etc. to do that, open this files:
<?php query_posts( array( 'post_type' => 'post', 'tag' => 'featured', 'posts_per_page' => 10 ) ); ?>
- Now change the tag “featured” with a different tag, save the files and upload them via FTP.
- As you can see from the code added you have ‘posts_per_page’ => 10 that’s mean if 5 posts of your blog have the tag “featured” will be displayed in the slider, if you want to display more or less change the number.
Display the Featured Post – Slider
- Create a new page and from “Page Attributes” choose “Template – Home Full Width + Slider” or “Template – Home with Sidebar + Slider”.
- Dashboard > Posts > Add New, add the tag “featured”
- Now at the bottom you’ll see “Home Page Options” > Slider Image ( Image recomendable size: Full Width 1900×650 or Boxed Version 1160×400 ), select or upload 1 image.
- Click “Publish” and that’s it.
See the slider
To see the slider, you’ll need to open the page you’ve created, that page need to have selected from “Page Attributes” “Template – Home Full Width + Slider” or “Template – Home with Sidebar + Slider”, to make that page your Home page, read the steps from the Home page.