- The “Featured Posts” are displayed by tags, the post needs to have the tag “featured“.
- First make sure that you’ve added properly the tag “featured” so make a test to see if the tag added exists: like this http://yoursite.com/tag/featured/
- If will show “featured-2” is because a category with the same name “featured” was created, if that’s the case you’ll need to delete both and after that create again the tag “featured” or you can change the tag like “mypost”, “postslider” etc. to do that, open this files:
<?php query_posts( array( 'post_type' => 'post', 'tag' => 'featured', 'posts_per_page' => $smof_data['featured-posts'] ) ); ?>
- Now change the tag “featured” with a different tag, save the files and upload them via FTP.
- As you can see from the code added you have ‘posts_per_page’ => 5 that’s mean if 5 posts of your blog have the tag “featured” will be displayed in the slider, if you want to display more or less change the number.
Display the Featured Post – Slider
- Create a new page and from “Page Attributes” choose “Template – Home.”.
- Dashboard > Posts > Add New, add the tag “featured”
- Now at the bottom you’ll see “Home Page Options” > Slider Image ( Image recomendable size: width 110px with any height), select or upload 1 image.
- Click “Publish” and that’s it.
By default, the title of the post will be used, but if you want to change it and highlight some important words from the title, like the text with the orange color from the image, you’ll need to add this code:
<strong>Gallery with drag-drop</strong><br /> with unlimited images for every post
See the slider
To see the slider, you’ll need to open the page you’ve created, that page needs to have selected from “Page Attributes” one of the Home Pages templates, to make that page your Home page, read the steps from the Home page.