By default WordPress sets the blog page as a main page and this is not what most of us want, we need custom pages. To change WordPress default settings you have to:
- Go to Dashboard > Pages > Add New:
- Name it Home or whatever and from the right on Page Attributes choose “Template – Home”.
- Now go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and from “Front page displays” select “A static page (select below) and select the page you’ve created a few seconds ago.
1. Create a new page, go to Pages > Add New
2. Set the page title and select a page template
3. Go to Settings > Reading and set the newly created page as a homepage
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage.