I lined one side of the pita with the lettuce and the other side got a bit soggy from the mixture even tho I did drain the liquid first.
Place chicken in a medium saucepan; add chicken stock to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from liquid. Let chicken cool to touch. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
Combine chicken, sprouts, water chestnuts,green onions, and garlic. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over chicken mixture, tossing gently. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.
Performance stats after upgrading:
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup diced water chestnut
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– very good pitas! I made a few minor amount adjustments and used chopped cooked breaded chicken breast, this was made for KK’s tag game and thoroughly enjoyed, thanks Kitty!
– A nice lunch today. I agree with the previous 2 reviews and thought there could be a tad more flavor, but nonetheless, it was enjoyed, and hit the spot. Very easy to prepare. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
– I was really hoping for more flavor. I made as posted except didn’t use the water chestnuts cuz I didn’t have any. I lined one side of the pita with the lettuce and the other side got a bit soggy from the mixture even tho I did drain the liquid first. This was quick and easy to put together and was very filling. Thanks for posting.